GROW-CUBES™ are small 1/4” cubes of stonewool (Rockwool) and provide several advantages for growers;
- GROW-CUBES™ stack on top of each other leaving air space in between them this promotes root growth.
- Each cube has four surfaces from which excess water can drain. This way, even if you water a lot, the GROW-CUBES will not get water logged.
- You have less algae growth on the top than with the smooth surface GRO-BLOCKS™.
- The GROW-CUBES™ are the driest of our products with properties of a 50/50 mix (50% water/50% air).
- Very easy to mix with any other potting mix.
- Special advantages are achieved by mixing GROW-CUBES™ in with clay pellets. The GROW-CUBES™ will help spread the water in the container as well has keeping a water buffer in between the watering.
- Lightweight; approx. 1/10 of the weight of a bag of potting soil.
Grodan Rockwool is an excellent quality stonewool substrate with a very high water holding capacity. Rockwool is absolutely free of disease, salts, and weed seeds. It has no Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) so growers can take advantage of a nutritional program specifically tailored to their choice of crop.